Beginners 2 Day Introduction
A great introduction to soaring gliders and our Learn-to-Fly course in one of the world’s best soaring environments.
Fun, informative and hands-on, this course introduces you to the art of soaring gliders and our learn-to-fly course syllabus. It includes ground-school and about as much gliding as a beginner can handle! Bring a friend for a great weekend out.
The course includes:
- personal instructor and glider with either one or two students.
- up to 8 hours flying time for the group (1 or 2 students) with a minimum of 4 hours guaranteed.
- 4 Aero-tows or 8,000 ft of tows. (more tows can be purchased if required)
- hands on glider flying and soaring
- briefings on weather and soaring conditions
- an introduction to the Learn to Fly course syllabus
- Ground School – the effect of the gliders controls, straight and level flight and turns and ground handling the glider
- meeting other glider pilots
For two people
NZ $1,275 each
For one person
- All briefings, ground school and flying instruction
- 8000 vertical feet of aero towing per person (normally 4 tows).
- A guaranteed minimum of 2 hours glider flying per person
- Refunds at NZ$95.00 per hour if less than two hours achieved per person
- Additional aero-tows can be purchased at approximately $120 per 2,000 feet.
Cost does not include
Accommodation or food